Closing date: Monday, 3 August 2020
Job ID: 31597
Practice Area - Job Family: Management
Vacancy End Date: (Midnight New York, USA) 04/08/2020
Duty Station: New York, United States
Education & Work Experience: G-Bachelor's Level Degree - 7 year(s) experience, I-Master's Level Degree - 5 year(s) experience
Vacancy Type: FTA International
Posting Type: External
Bureau: Audit & Investigation
Contract Duration: 2 years with possibility for extension
The Office of Audit and Investigations (OAI) reports to the Administrator and is responsible for internal audit and investigations services to UNDP and its affiliated entities. OAI provides independent, objective assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and the effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls.
OAI has a decentralized organizational structure with the Directorate, the Investigations Section, the Headquarters Audit Section and other units located at Headquarters and Regional Audit Centres located in the five regions covered by UNDP (Kuala Lumpur/Malaysia, Pretoria/South Africa, Dakar/Senegal, Panama City/Panama and Istanbul/Turkey). UNDP increasingly relies on information technology and systems (IT) to conduct its business. In response to the increasing mission critical nature of IT to the organisation, OAI is strengthening its IT audit capacity.
The IT Audit Specialist reports to the Chief ICT Audit Section (P5), under the overall supervision of the Deputy Director, Audit, OAI.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary role of the IT Audit Specialist is to participate in comprehensive information systems audits of corporate IT systems, to provide IT audit support to audit teams in OAI, to support the design and maintenance of IT systems that support the risk assessments and audit work performed by OAI audit teams, to manage and maintain audit-related software in use by OAI and, on occasions, to assist the Investigations Section of OAI in IT forensic services.
- As member of an audit team and under the supervision of the team leader, prepares/participates in the preparation of risk-based audit plans/programmes focusing on IT systems and controls.
- Prepares working papers for review by the audit team leader.
- Drafts specific parts focusing on IT-related areas of audit reports for review by the team leader.
- Monitors the implementation of agreed recommendations and advises on problem areas.
- As member of an audit team, conducts specific elements of the assignment focusing on IT systems and controls in accordance with the International Standards for Internal Auditing and OAI policies and standard operating procedures.
- Assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of IT systems, controls and risk management.
- Assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, including controls regarding the IT-environment such as system processing controls, data security, physical security, contingency planning, system development procedures and system requirements, and unit compliance with procedures and values.
- Documents IT-related findings and communicates orally and/or in writing to the business units on their compliance, performance and potential for improvement
- Recommends actions to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
- Maintains good relationship with central units in charge of IT services and, as the need arises, provides input and advice on UNDP initiatives in IT-related systems and controls.
- Supports OAI management and staff on IT audit matters. This would include (a) guidance on UNDP IT policies, systems, and controls; (b) developing and/or running automated analytical scripts, tests and analytical reports; and (c) supporting / advising with regard to data analytics.
- Assists in administration and maintenance of in-house built audit applications. This includes a SharePoint-based electronic audit working paper system and an application for following up on audit reports and recommendations.
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief (P5), conducts special assignments including management reviews, consulting assignments, special audits, and training workshops.
- Undertakes occasional missions to UNDP offices away from Headquarters, including to areas with hazardous working conditions.
- Contributes to the ongoing development of professional practices within OAI.
- Participates in the implementation of his/her personal learning and training development plan.
- Proposes IT solutions that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities in OAI.
- Performs other assignments or tasks as determined by the Chief (P5), Deputy Director, Audit, OAI or Director, OAI.
Building & Sharing Knowledge:
- Actively builds deep knowledge in one or more areas.
- Makes valuable practice contributions.
- Applies existing knowledge to work.
- Provides advice & Support to others.
- Participates in team-based activities.
- Embraces extra responsibility.
- Builds team morale and consensus.
- Builds strong client relationships.
- Focuses on client results and impacts.
- Anticipates evolving client needs.
Apply for Jobs using